Saturday, February 20, 2010

How Does A Woman of God Conduct Herself



All the city . . . doth know that thou art a virtuous woman
Ruth 3:11

Do I have a reputation for being a woman of virtue and godly character?
Do I keep myself pure from all influences that could defile my heart, thoughts, or actions?

She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness” Proverbs 31:26

Do I bless my family, friends by speaking words that are kind and wise?
Do I study and meditate on the Word of God so that I can know how to speak wise words?
Am I able to give people to specific Scriptures that apply to their lives and needs?

Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone” Proverbs 25:15

Am I willing to wait quietly for God to change the heart of an authority that I feel is wrong, rather than pushing or nagging?
Do I seek to influence others by gentle words, rather than controlling them with harsh words?

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission”
1 Timothy 2:11

Do I have a teachable spirit?
Do I receive instruction with an obedient spirit?

It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman”
Proverbs 21:19

Does my spirit make it easy for those I live or work with to be around me?
Do I frustrate others or make them want to stay away from me because of an angry spirit?

1 comment:

  1. Though provoking questions. It definitely has me thinking is my behavior lined up with what I preach. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete